HypnoBirthing™ will remove any fear or concerns you may have surrounding your birth, including any trauma you may be holding onto from a previous birth experience, and will teach you all the skills and techniques necessary to remain relaxed and calm throughout your birthing….allowing you to enjoy it!
It’s a very simple, straightforward programme that was conceived over 20 years ago by hypnotherapist and mother of four, Marie Mongan, to remind mothers of the simplicity of birth itself and to teach them how to harness their birthing instincts and birth as nature intended…pain and drug free.
It is now an internationally renowned birthing programme and it’s teaching’s have been fully embraced in 45 countries of the world….and counting!
It is constantly being thoughtfully improved and tweaked allowing it to remain the best and most successful birthing method out there today.
Aswell as enabling you to have a calm and comfortable birth, there are numerous additional benefits to HypnoBirthing™…
1. It greatly reduces the length of labour. The British Medical Journal has reported on a study that found the average labour length of 70 first and second time mums using hypnosis was 6 h 21 mins. Contrasting with 9 h 28mins for mums just using relaxation techniques and 9 h 45 mins for the control group. A noteworthy reduction!
2. It leads to significantly fewer surgical interventions and reduced need for medication.
3. It reduces the need for an episiotomy by teaching a simple massage technique.
4. It equips you with simple, natural techniques to encourage the onset of labour, if you go over your estimated ‘due date’
5. It helps you to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff - when to question, what to ask and when it's time to let them take charge.
6. Mums remain highly energised and in good spirits following a calm and gentle birth, which allows for quicker bonding with the baby.
7. Babies born using HypnoBirthing™ tend to be calmer, feed better, sleep better and experience less trauma, because they have been gently and calmly breathed into the world at their own pace. This in turn leads to higher AGPAR scores (a measure of how well a baby is doing immediately after birth and after an additional five minutes).
8. It gives fathers a central role in the birthing process, as he will become your spokesperson and have all questions and queries from the medical staff fielded through him, allowing you to just focus on your body and your baby.
9. He is also key in helping you to remain calm and focussed as he reads through prepared scripts and leads you on guided imagery.
10. Having such an active role in the birthing increases the father’s ability to bond early with the baby and deepens your family unit.
So, as you can see, the benefits to using HypnoBirthing™ are substantial and numerous.